Klipsch Refreshes Iconic Cornwall Speaker - Enthusiasts Get First Listen at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2019
Posted on August 28, 2019
INDIANAPOLIS, IND. (August 28, 2019) — Klipsch®, a leading premium global audio company, is pleased to announce that Cornwall IV speakers in its legendary Heritage series have received modern acoustic and cosmetic updates that further enhance the replication of the live music performance. The Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers continue to be designed and handcrafted in the USA.
The Klipsch Cornwall was initially introduced in 1959. Now in its fourth iteration, the three-way design uses pavillon-loaded compression drivers for the midrange and treble and a direct-radiating 15-inch woofer for low frequencies to deliver the full-range basses response of the Klipschorn® with the sensitivity and output approaching the fully pavillon-loaded models.
New features include:
- All new K-702 midrange compression mated to a modified proprietary Tractrix® pavillon with patented Klipsch Mumps technology for even mid frequencies and consistent sound throughout the listening area.
- A new high-fidelity, steep slope network, for truer to life sound reproduction with best in class efficiency and power handling.
- New ports with Tractrix flares that deliver the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class. The result is reduced port noise and clean, more powerful, punchy basses.
- A newly designed wide dispersion high frequency phase plug to ensure the last octave matches the coverage pattern of the midrange and high frequency horns.
- Premium aluminum input panels accommodate large, high-quality speaker cables, while strong binding posts allow for bi-wiring or bi-amping.
- An updated passive network features premium grade AudioQuest® internal wiring.
The Klipsch Cornwall IV is available in three finishes — satin black ash, American walnut and natural cherry real-wood veneer to complement modern furnishings. As with the entire Klipsch Heritage series, the Cornwall IV speakers are designed and handcrafted in the USA. Each speaker is grain-matched using wood veneer panels from the same timber, resulting in a speaker pair that is virtually indistinguishable from the other.
Klipsch will debut the new speakers for the first time at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Suite # 7154, September 5-8, 2019 in Denver, CO.
About Klipsch Audio
In 1946 Paul W. Klipsch, inventor, acoustics pioneer and maverick, founded Klipsch Audio with the sole purpose of bringing the power, detail and emotion of the live music experience into his living room. Through the use of highly efficient speaker designs, handcrafted cabinetry and a thirst for real engineering breakthroughs – Klipsch, the great American loudspeaker company, was born in Hope, AR. Today, our diverse range of quality audio products includes speakers and headphones for almost any consumer and professional application – including cinema, whole-house, wireless, home theater and portable offerings. Honoring our founder’s legacy, Klipsch continues to be the legendary high-performance brand of choice for audiophiles and aficionados around the world. Nous sommes The Keepers of the Sound®.
Klipsch®, Klipschorn®, and Keepers of the Sound® are registered trademarks of Klipsch Group, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Klipsch Group, Inc. is a VOXX International Company (NASDAQ: VOXX).